The main goal of the Research Focus Group “Biology of Natural Killer Cells” is to establish a network for the coordination of the NK cell research in Germany. The aim is to promote this research on a national level and to enhance its international visibility. To reach this aim we have established several tools.
- Members can access a special mailing list to exchange reagents, protocols and expert advice. With your membership application your name will be added to the list.
- The Research Focus Group will organize an annual NK cell symposium to facilitate the discussions about recent developments in the NK cell research. The 2018 Symposium will be organized in Hamburg by Marcus Altfeld.
Recent NK cell Symposia:
- NK Cell Symposium 2006 (Heidelberg)
- NK Cell Symposium 2008 (Bad Herrenalb)
- NK Cell Symposium 2009 (Freiburg)
- NK2010 (at the annual meeting of the DGfI in Leipzig)
- NK Cell Symposium 2011 (Mainz)
- NK Cell Symposium 2012 (Heidelberg)
- NK2013 Heidelberg – 14th Meeting of the Society for Natural Immunity
- NK Cell Symposium 2014 (Hannover)
- NK Cell Symposium 2015 (Göttingen)
- NK Cell Symposium 2016 (satellite symposium at the annual meeting of the DGfI in Hamburg)
- NK Cell Symposium 2017 (Düsseldorf)
- NK Cell Symposium 2018 (Hamburg)
- NK Cell Symposium 2019 (satellite symposium of II Joint Meeting of DGfl and SIICA in Munich, Sep 10, 2019)